Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Latch Board


One of the major part of activities for toddlers and preschoolers are practical life. It is normal that a 3, 4 or 5 years old child tend to go toward those activities, they are part of his development. I don't always get Montessori material, I get them in toy stores. As for exemple, I got a few years ago a latch board from Melissa and Dough. My kids love that board.

Practical life activities are important too, as they develop the small muscles. Some are prewriting activities, develop logic, motricity... They are daily activities prepared for their age and size.

They are important too in Elementary levels, they are just more advanced. Sometimes, after doing math, my daughter likes to clean the leaves of her plant, it is calming and it relaxes her mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment